A few weeks ago, I started the announcements for the Drupal trainings courses for absolute beginners and intermediate users. After that I got inqueries from many friends and other people. Some become friends after the inqueries. Most are coming from other CMS backgrounds, such as Joomla and WordPress. Because of the public interest, I decided to continue my training. Finally I got a nice place from my Employer, as well as my friend. She kindly allowed me to use her office meeting room for the training. The room is fully furnished with nice tables, chairs and Air-Con
As I want to take care all the Drupal Beginners progressively, I decided to run the class with maximum 5 or 6 people. So that I can manage every one. Based on my Drupal experiences, I also want to provide online Drupal experiencs for all. That is why I decided to give StudentName.mmdrupal.com domain, web hosting with FTP access for each, for 3 months. In this way, all the Drupal learners will get enough experience to manage a Drupal site, not only in their localhost, but also online.
The followings are a sneak peak of my First Day of the Drupal Beginner course. But the actual trainings are more than that. I also decided to include the WPO (Web Performance Optimization) as a side dish as it is very important subject for all the web developers.
As far as I know, my Drupal for Beginners, Drupal for Intermediate courses are the first Drupal Training courses in Singapore. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Requirement : Basic understanding of web development.
Duration : 3+ hours excluding 10 minutes break
1) Introduction to the Drupal site. (D.O)
2) Setting up localhost (XAMPP)
3) Installing Drupal on localhost
4) Understanding first default Drupal installation (UI, Settings etc)
5) Createing first Drupal node from User point of view
6) Learning the first Drupal node from Developer point of view
7) Understanding default Drupal content type Article
8) Understanding menu, publishing options, comment settings from User point of Views and Developer point of Views.
1) What is WPO?
2) HTTP request and response codes
3) Inspecting websites and understanding various caching methods
4) Chrome Inspector (Overview)
What can we get after the starting point?
After completing this session, you will have basic understanding of the Drupal concepts from End user, Site Builder and Drupal developer point of views. And also basic knowledge of Web Performance Optimization (WPO) to make any website faster.
Feel free to share and use these steps for your own learning purposes. Please let me know if you want to use for commercial trainings. Please still tune to follow the topics from the coming days. Thank you. :)