In Drupal 7, we can install WYSIWYG editors in various ways.
The most flexible method is using WYSIWYG API with CKEditor or TinyMCE. I'm using WYSIWYG API+TinyMCE on minitsg.com (D7) and CKEditor on myanmarlanguage.org (D6)
The following procedure is for Drupal 7 and the screenshot is from MinITSG server.
- Download WYSIWYG module http://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg
- Download TinyMCE 3.4.2 http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/download/
- Upload all to server as shown in the following screenshot
- Go to Administer » Site configuration » Content Authoring » Wysiwyg Profiles, (/admin/config/content/wysiwyg) and follow the on-screen installation instructions that are displayed there.
- Create Wysiwyg profiles, and steup input for Full HTML, Filtered HTML and other profiles as you want.
- Assign Text Formats at Administer » Site configuration » Content Authoring » Text formats (/admin/config/content/formats) for Full HTML, Filtered HTML and assign to user roles.
- Done :)
Hope this help someone getting trouble with WYSIWYG text editor installation in Drupal 7.